Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Longing

I gaze into your beautiful dark eyes,

As my soulful browns try to connect with them

My throat locks up with emotions

And words of love stay unsaid,

The longing


I take your dainty hands in mine

And hold on as I try share what's within

But the emotions, remain unspoken

And you remain unknowing

Of the Longing I hold


As we stay there in silence

Conversation on hold, I listen

To your soft breathing, no need for words

You being here is all I need,

Even though you don't seem to notice


The unspoken will destroy,

As dreams of us unravel, and ghosts of past loom

I may never get to tell, you may never get to know

Sometimes hints aren't enough,

Those times we pay for what's unspoken



It doesn’t have to be this way,

I don’t know if we be, we’ll last

It’s also bad if we’re led by the past, and don't try

For sometimes, I think I see it in you when we hold,

A longing

1 comment:

  1. you and your word play! OMG, i had a shiver up my spine right there!

    ReplyDelete