Thursday, September 2, 2010

Same story

You came to me bearing promises
In your wake a thousand kisses
Told me you were for real
Looked at my scabs and swore
To stay with and help me heal
Yet deep within at my core
I knew i could not feel

The essence i so willingly gave before
Was taken and kept by one
The only i trust to store
For there's no more to atone

Deep in your eyes i saw your fear
In your laugh i heard the sadness
For deep in your heart i was near
But in mine was the emptiness

All i've had is pain
With love its never for me
And you none to gain
For you were just the same

In your hem was the string
Your embrace gave me warmth
But it was just a fling
I wanted to give my all to you
But the illusion just broke
I am not for you

For when i came with a clean slate
You came with a bunch of ghosts
In your warm embrace came the chill
As they enticed you to the darkness
'come join us' they said
'we have cookies'
You turned to look at them
And i knew, i was lost to you
You were the same as the rest

But you had the chance
Dusk, dawn, at twilight were the signs
You let yourself get poisoned
And now you join the list
The almost but never will
The same old story over and over
Story of my life, loves gained
And loves lost, all in a breath.

3 comments: